Due to various hormonal and body changes, many teenagers experience a lot of skin care issues like acne, oily skin, redness, and irritation. Improper treatment of these skin issues may cause serious skin damages that could’ve been prevented with the right knowledge and treatment. While most skin care products like Skinfood are generally safe for all ages, it’s important to use products at a minimal and allow the teenage body’s natural skin healing properties.
Here are important skin care tips for teenagers you need to know for maintaining healthy skin:
1. For Fighting Oily Skin
Oily skin is a major contributing factor for other skin issues like blackheads, pimples, and acne since dirt mixing with excess sebum clog the pores and create these results. The best way to deal with oily skin is to adopt a skin care regimen using oil control products, especially cleansing one’s face regularly.
It is also important to monitor one’s diet and avoid oily and junk foods as it can impact your skin. Teenagers should be eating healthy foods like fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamins and antioxidants that help keep the skin clear and bright. Teenagers should also avoid sleeping late as it may interfere with hormone levels and impair proper adolescent development.
2. For Fighting Acne
Acne that is caused by hormonal imbalances may require medication, as balancing hormonal levels is a key component in treating hormonal acne. Meanwhile, non-hormonal acne may be treated with a proper skin care regimen and adopting more hygienic lifestyle habits.
Here are some tips for getting rid of acne:
– Proper rest. Basically, having 8 hours of sleep is really important especially if you are working. Being moderate and keeping everything in regular is good also but not all of us can do this, eating three healthy meals per day, sleeping straight eight hours and drinking plenty of water a day. This can cause stress which leads to having acne. Change is constant so probably this the reason why we have a different lifestyle. Now when it comes in dealing with acne, the most proper thing to do is to never squeeze or press your pimple. Avoid touching it every minute because you never knew where did you put your hands last and you never have any idea what bacteria it has that may cause to look redder and prone in popping. Make sure that your face stays clean so that it will be gone quickly. Don’t worry, it is not permanent anyway.
– Proper skin care. Having a daily skin care routine is very important because it can help to prevent having acne, oily skin, and eczema. We all know that our skin is the largest barrier against the different infection coming outside of our body. So, we need to protect and keep our skin healthy. In order for us to do that, see below:
– Cleansers. Cleansing can help you get rid of different kind of toxins. We need to eliminate these kinds of bane so that your face is not prone to having acne, oily skin and eczema. Cleanse once a day and if it happens that you have very oily skin, make it twice a day. Get a gel or foaming cleanser for daily skin care. For dry skins, you should get a milky moisturizer and cleanser.
– Take your makeup off. After a very long and tiring day, never forget to remove your makeup because keeping it while you are asleep is never a good idea. Wash your face with warm water or use wipes if you are not comfortable in washing your face. It will help to wipe all of that makeup, oil, and dirt.
– Exfoliate. There are a lot of exfoliants nowadays. Exfoliating daily can help in removing the outer layer of the skin and can help in opening your pores. You can have mild scrubs and face mask also, they’re gentle skin exfoliants.
Eczema is a skin condition characterized by dry, flaky, red, and itchy patches, usually on the neck, face, elbows, and knees. Eczema is mostly a genetic condition, but it is often triggered by allergens like harsh chemicals and pollutants that come in contact with the skin.
Eczema can be controlled by avoiding allergens like wheat, dairy, seafood, peanuts, and other allergens that cause skin reactions in you. Teenagers prone to eczema may also benefit from using hypoallergenic skin care products that do not irritate the skin. Stay away from harsh detergents, fragrances, and perfumed soaps as these often contain hidden allergens that cause irritation. Keeping one’s skin moisturized is also very important for managing eczema.
Adolescence is a time where a person undergoes various body and social changes as they transition from being teenagers into young adults. Make this time enjoyable and memorable by teaching adolescents proper skin care regimens to maintain healthy skin with products like Skinfood.