We’ve already put the Victorian era flick ‘Belle” on your radar. Now, get to know Gugu Mbatha-Raw, the thirty-one year old lead actress who plays Dido in the film.
1. She was born in Oxford, England.
2. Gugu is short for Gugulethu, Gugulethu means “Our Pride”.
3. Gugu started acting at the age of eleven, joining local acting groups to hone her acting skills.
4. Has acted alongside leading men such as Boris Kodjoe and Tom Hanks.
5. She played Ophelia in Shakespeare’s Hamlet in 2009 alongside Jude Law.