For about 2 decades, since the introduction of online casinos, PC casinos have been very popular. This is explained by the fact that desktop casinos allow gamblers to enjoy casino games in the comfort of their homes. In fact, PC gambling has brought a number of advantages, among which are the following:
● Players can save their time as they don’t have to travel to land-based casinos anymore.
● There is a lot of flexibility and control at online casinos. This is because players do not have to follow the institution’s strict rules or adhere to specific policies. Instead, players can create the atmosphere they want when they play.
● It’s so easy for newbies to fit right in. Newbies in brick-and-mortar casinos may feel intimidated and find it hard to fit in. However, all you need is to contact customer support at desktop casinos if you have questions or browse the FAQ section of the casino for quick answers.
● Making deposits and withdrawals at online casinos is very easy as there are various banking methods on offer. All you have to do is choose one that works best for you, which is not the case at land-based casinos.
● PC casinos brought about a wide selection of games. While space and overhead expenses limit brick-and-mortar casinos, online casinos can carry as many games as they want. For this reason, players have access to hundreds of thousands of casino games.
However, the popularity of desktop casinos is questioned due to the introduction of mobile casinos. In fact, the popularity of mobile casinos quickly surpasses that of desktop casinos. We will look at the reasons why below.
Brief History of Mobile Casinos
Mobile casinos have been around for over 10 years now. Playtech introduced the first mobile casino software back in 2005. Since then, many wonderful innovations and improvements have been introduced into mobile gambling. In fact, things like graphics, control functions, sound output, and more, have improved greatly.
Mobile casinos have allowed gamblers to enjoy online slot games while on the go. Not only that, but players also get a plethora of table games, as well as live dealer games, arcade games, live and virtual sports, and more.
Recent technology trends have seen many casinos optimizing their casinos for mobile accessibility, with some developing casino apps, which are compatible with all the major mobile software.
Reasons Why Mobile Casinos are Becoming More Popular than PC Casinos
A large chunk of the world’s population now uses smartphones for almost everything. This has resulted in a surge in mobile gambling. Therefore, desktops for online gambling are now slowly being ditched. The growth and popularity of mobile casinos are inevitable due to the following reasons:
1. Mobile Casinos Are Very Convenient
Desktop casinos allow players to access their favorite casinos from the comfort of their homes, or from the office. However, you cannot carry your PC with you, which is why mobile casinos have soared in popularity over the past few years.
With mobile casinos, all you need is a fast-speed internet connection to access casino games. That means you will be able to carry your games in your pocket and access them at any given time.
At the same time, mobile devices are portable, so it means that mobile casinos allow for universal accessibility. Players can access games from anywhere!
2. Transacting Is Relatively Easy at a Phone Casino
Most mobile casinos allow players to make deposits with ease. In fact, some mobile casinos will allow you to add all your gambling expenses to your phone bill, which you can pay at the end of the month. That way, transactions are very quick and much safer, as they move directly from the casino to the player’s mobile payment system.
On top of that, quite a huge number of banking methods allow players to make deposits and withdrawals smoothly using their mobile devices. Some payment options found at mobile casinos are actually not available at PC casinos.
3. Smartphones Are Becoming Extremely Powerful
There is constant competition amongst mobile phone manufacturers. As a result, hardware and performance are getting better by the day. In fact, phones now come with powerful processors that enable you to play your casino games without any hitches.
You will also find that mobile devices are so much faster now, and the visual quality is top-notch. Smartphone displays are also getting bigger, allowing gamblers to enjoy high-quality games.
4. Internet Access (4G and 5G)
Normally, you would find that computers that are connected to Wi-Fi have better internet speed than mobile devices connected to mobile data. However, now, with the arrival of 4G and 5G networks, phones have high-speed internet access.
What also makes mobile internet better than PC internet is the fact that there are no installation costs involved. All you will need is your phone to get started, whereas, with a computer, you will need things like routers, cables, and more.
It has been reported that the mobile gambling industry collectively records around $70 billion of bets per year. This number is even expected to grow over time, considering that more people are turning to smartphone gambling. In fact, estimates are that by the 4th quarter of 2021, gambling bets will total about $106 billion.
Back in 2003, Forbes reported that over 60% of online gamblers preferred using their mobile devices to their desktops. Of course, this number has risen over time, with estimates being around 75%. Still, mobile gambling is expected to skyrocket, as all gaming providers are transitioning to mobile casinos and apps.